A Mother’s Plea

I'm begging you. Please take care of me. Don't let me die. I know you can still make a way to prolong my life. I'm trusting you. Don't let me down.

I go by many names but I would like you to know me as your Mother—Mother Earth. I am the reason why all of you are alive and kicking. I provide you with every little thing you need as you live your day to day life. Your physiological needs would not be available if it wasn't for me and every single scenery you see won't exist if I am not here. 

However, right now, I am deeply burdened. I am immensely in pain for I feel like you, my sons and daughters, do not love me anymore. You've been too careless, too benumbed to realize that your every action is killing me softly.

Years ago, I am in a very fine fettle. The air that I give you is as pure as an angel's heart. The waters that run in every river and lake are crystal clear. The forests are jammed with towering and green trees. Each living organism has their own serene spot. Humans' actions are not yet very afflictive. 

But during these times, I am facing a lot of struggles. And all of these struggles are brought about by you and your deeds. Global warming, climate change and pollution are only just a few. Do you know how painful it feels when your own sons and daughters are the ones who make a way to destroy you? Do you know how frustrating it is when your own children are the ones who doesn't even know how to take care of you?

Of course not! You only know ways on how to annihilate but never to good care. You only know how to kill but never to prolong life. And these just make me feel worse—worse than ever.

Even so, I still believe that you can find and make ways to lengthen my life span. You can plant more trees, practice the 5R's, segregate your wastes, anything! You can do anything that can help me. Please, I'm desperate. I love you so much and I couldn't stand seeing you suffer even though I am hurting because of your acts.


I'm begging you. Please take care of me. Don't let me die. I know you can still make a way to prolong my life. I'm trusting you. Don't let me down.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Monologo ni Sisa

Isang Baso ng Tubig

Anekdota ng Aking Pag-ibig